What's in your plate?

Fruits

Fruits aren't just a great source of fiber, potassium and antioxidants, they're also great for hydration. Some of the most nutritious fruits are what we eat everyday; apples, oranges also blueberries.

My Tip: to ensure you get your daily serving of fruit, try smoothies in the morning. I usually blend an apple, banana with a dash of lemon juice and ginger...tastes awesome!
Vegetables

There's no question that vegetables are the healthiest foods out there. Some of the most nutritious are kale, broccoli and spinach.

My Tip: Make your plate as colorful as possible! The more veges the better.


Beans and lentils

They are a excellent source of protein and a great source of iron.
Kidney beans and split peas are the best sources.

My Tip: Incorporate beans with your salad!!! Tasty and healthy 👌



Starchy Vegetables and Whole Grains

These are a great source of fiber, iron and protein. Oatmeal, pasta, brown rice and even sweet potatoes are some healthy options.
They are also less processed and more nutritious than refined white grains.


Comments

  1. Oh how I love fruits so I'm gonna take your advice and make a smoothie might be smoothies all day long lol
    Love the idea of beans in salad will be trying that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad! I love smoothies too...healthy alternative always ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts